The theme of food has always been a difficult topic to manage in a campsite. Cook in an anafre or kitchenette, without a sink, without a kitchen table … And for the most extreme cases: without a refrigerator. Let’s be honest, cooking in a campsite is not easy. Even so, not everything is lost. There are many options to eat at the camping, varied and zero boring meals.
With a little organization and planning, you can get a good variety of flavors. Today from Camping Lloret Blau we propose 10 meal ideas to make at a camping.
1. Cake or cake for breakfast. A must are the cakes or biscuits for breakfast. In addition to being able to endure a week without spoiling, they are great! You can make them homemade before going or buy them in a supermarket. Our favorites: banana or carrot cake.
2. Sandwiches for mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Sandwiches or sandwiches are a very good option to maintain our energy until lunch or dinner, especially when we are doing physical activities such as excursions or trekking. If you opt for a snack you have several options: canned tuna, cheese or sausage. If you are more than a sandwich, we recommend putting two or three ingredients and adding a sauce. Combine the two options and you will see the number of varieties available!
3. Pasta. The queen of the students and camperos is without a doubt the pasta. Pasta can last your entire stay without problems. Our recommendation is to try not to abuse it and vary the sauce so as not to get tired of it. The options are many: pesto, cream cheese and cream, in the form of pasta salad or with tomato and canned tuna.
4. Salads. There are many who avoid salads because they believe that they can only be prepared with fresh lettuce, but no. There are a lot of salads available: from rice salads, chickpeas, lentils and tomatoes (great!), Pasta, quinoa … To add something green to your salad you can put: carrot, zucchini, spinach, cucumber or tomato.
5. Barbecue. For meat, we propose to dedicate one day every two and prepare a good barbecue. There are many campsites that offer barbecue facilities where you can prepare your meats. We recommend buying the meat the same day if you do not have a fridge at the campsite.
6. Grilled fish. Another option to combine with meat days, is to take a day or two of your entire stay and go buy fresh fish to make on the grill. Delicious!
7. Couscous. Although not yet widely used in many houses, couscous is a food that is very rich in fiber and carbohydrates, but low in fat. Without a doubt a very good option to do when you go camping. Our recommend preparing it with vegetables. And if you want it to be even richer, add some basic spices such as pepper, curry or garlic powder. You will see that in less than 15 minutes you will have a delicious dish.
8. Snacks and snacks. Ideas for snacks when we go camping: cereal bars, classic cookies, nuts, cherry tomatoes, chocolate …
9. Sausages and cheeses. A classic of the Spaniards, pecking sausages and cheeses at all hours. Instead of chips, we recommend pecking a piece of cheese or a slice of sausage between meals. In addition to being healthier, they are a great source of protein, and substitute meats, fish (sausages) or milks and yogurts (cheese).
10. Fruits and vegetables. For fruits and vegetables, we recommend choosing the ones that are as fresh as possible. There really is a lot of variety of fruits and vegetables that can last between 4-6 days without a fridge, or even longer. Examples of fruits and vegetables: apples, pears, bananas, pineapple, carrots, orange, lemons, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, zucchini, eggplant
If you still don’t know how to manage food during your stay at the campsite, you can always try options like our mobile home lloret mar. The mobile home is an option for those who are looking for fully equipped sinks and kitchens, as well as greater comfort of the facilities. Visit our Camping Lloret Blau website for more information.